Sunday, January 30, 2011

Changes around the kitchen

We have had beautiful weather over the last few days here.  Shaun was out of town for a couple of days so I decided to do a few things while the girls were in school and he was gone around the house.

My mom and I found this dresser and a garage sale for $40.00 several months ago.  I have been using it as a buffet in my kitchen.  It matched my kitchen table pretty good but I have been wanting a black kitchen table so I thought I would change it up a bit. 

I also didn't want to spend any money on a new kitchen table so I thought I would try to change this up as well.
Here is a picture of both pieces of furniture.  I sanded and painted both pieces and love them. 
This isn't a really good picture of the buffet but you can see the new color.  It now matches my kitchen cabinets and the table matches my granite on my counters.   
Lena has had so much fun playing outside the last couple of days.  She just runs all around as fast as she can 
 When Shaun got home Friday we took the girls to Shogun to eat dinner.  Sarah Grace loves it so much and usually eats all of her food.   
 She was trying to catch the egg in her mouth here below
Do you have a dumping ground in your home?  Well we do and I couldn't decide what I wanted to do here.  I read in Better Homes and Garden that you could use an old book shelf as a storage space so I tried it.  My neighbors had this book case in their yard sale for free last summer so I took it.  I just knew that I would get some use out of it!  First,  I took the back off and the top two shelves out. I hung hangers for all of our coats and then put some baskets for storage on the bottom shelves.  I like it but it is still not big enough for all of our junk.   
I forgot to take a before picture of this little table.  My mom and I found it at our local thrift store for $10.00.  It was pretty nasty and had really bad chipped white paint.  One can of spray paint later it is a cute little craft table for the playroom.  I want to get some cushions made for them to sit on.  For now I just threw some pillows down and it seemed to works 

The table matches the mirror that I painted for them a few weeks back.   
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I have 45 minutes to be at church and Shaun is gone so I better get busy.  Girls are still asleep and need to get myself ready too!  Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Tracy you do such a good job! I like the table I too would like to go black but not purchase a new table. Mite have to do that next year when the dining room is planned for remodel.

Kelly said...

You are so CRAFTY!!!

I LOVE your kitchen makeover!!!! It looks amazing!!!

PLEASE bottle up your energy and sell it to me!

Anonymous said...

are you for hire?! seriously!!!!! love love love the buffet table and kitchen table!!!!

Ashley said...

LOVE the furniture! Great job !

Laurie said...

Your kitchen looks WONDERFUL! I love the new look!!!!!